Gain the knowledge and skills to advance your career with a Certificate IV in Building and Construction (Building) and work towards becoming a Site Supervisor, Site Manager, Estimator, Contract Administrator or Domestic Builder.
The CPC40110 Certificate IV in Building and Construction (Building) is designed for tradespeople, employees, owner builder/renovators and those seeking a career change to develop their knowledge and skills in residential building and construction.
By undertaking the Certificate IV in Building and Construction (Building) you will learn how to plan building and construction work, apply building codes and standards to the construction process, prepare building contracts and apply for permits, and how to manage on-site work and a small business effectively.
The course is aimed at people looking to move into roles such as Contract Administrator, Estimator, Site Supervisor, Site Manager or Domestic Builder.
The Certificate IV in Building and Construction (Building) qualification will help you to:
- Increase your job opportunities and business prospects in the Building and Construction Industry.
- Gain knowledge and skills that will assist in your Registered Building Practitioner Domestic Builder – Limited (DB-L) application and contribute towards a Domestic Builder – Unlimited (DB-U) application.
- Gain knowledge and skills in building codes, regulations, preparing contracts and building permits, building and construction processes, and building project management.
TIME & DURATION:
The Certificate IV in Building and Construction (Building) qualification requires classroom based learning two evenings a week from 5:30-9:30pm over 34 weeks.
This qualification will involve:
- Dedicated classes to introduce key topics, solve problems and work on the assessments
- A minimum of 2 hours per week of self-directed research
- Self-paced learning supported with access to online resources via the Student Portal
- Training support via phone/email from Trainer
Parker Brent will ensure the program is suitable to your needs, skills and experience. Students will be required to have:
- Suitable level of english language, literacy and numeracy skills
- A current Construction Induction Card (White Card)
- Access to a building and construction project worksite, or
- Access to the Parker Brent Simulated Working Environment Assessment Centres in Dandenong or Tottenham
ADDITIONAL SUPPORT SERVICES:
- Student Support
- Support with Registered Building Practitioner Application
- Job Preparation and Interview Assistance
- Access to Student Resource Facility in Parker Brent Head Office
Full Fee – $3,900.00
Funded Fee – $180.00 (eligibility requirement)
Funded Concession Fee – $36.00 (eligibility requirement & HCC/PCC holder)
For detailed fee information please refer to the Fee Information document. To check if you may be eligible for Government Subsidised Funding please click here.
Training venues will be confirmed with students at the time of enrolment. Proposed training locations are held in:
- Airport West
- Melbourne CBD
- Caroline Springs
- Glen Waverley
- Tullamarine/Airport West
- Ringwood – 18 November 2019
- Glen Waverley – 19 November 2019
- Tullamarine – 29 January 2020
- Bundoora – 30 January 2020
- Werribee – 6 February 2020
- CBD – 27 February 2019
- Cranbourne – 5 March 2019
- Glen Waverley – 18 March 2019
* PARKERBRENT ensures all learners receive training, assessment and support services that meet their individual needs. This program is delivered with Victorian and Commonwealth Government funding for eligible persons. Everyone is encouraged to apply including people with disabilities.