Five new compliance codes (codes) that align to the Occupational Health and Safety Regulations 2017 and Equipment (Public Safety) Regulations 2017 are now available from Worksafe Victoria.
The five new codes include:
- Hazardous manual handling (previously the Manual Handling Code of Practice, 2000)
- Facilities in construction (previously the Building and Construction Workplaces Code of Practice, 1990)
- Confined spaces (previously the Confined Spaces Compliance Code, 2008)
- Plant (previously the Plant Code of Practice, 1995)
- Noise (a new code based off Your health and safety guide to noise, 2007, and the Guide for assessing and fixing noise problems and work, 2005)
Copies of the codes are available for download from the Worksafe Victoria website. The WorkSafe Advisory Service is available to answer any questions you have about the codes on 1800 136 089, Monday to Friday from 8.30am to 5.00pm.
What has changed?
The new compliance codes have been updated to reflect the OHS Regulations 2017 and EPS Regulations 2017, and to reflect modern work practices.
A response to public comment for each code is available on this page below.
Compliance codes review
With the new OHS Regulations 2017 in effect, the compliance codes that align with the regulations were also under review. In consultation with stakeholders, WorkSafe has updated the codes. All codes were also provided for public comment in 2017. Find out more about the Compliance codes review.
Source: Worksafe Victoria